Okay, so it's been a month and a half. So, here's what's happened! We had an ultrasound and found out we were having...... drumroll please.....a GIRL! What in the world! I was completely caught off guard. I don't know why, but for some reason I was very convinced that this baby was a boy. I made the ultrasound tech. triple check because it was so hard for me to believe. But, sure enough, I saw enough to become a believer.
Then, on April 29, Travis took his Physical Therapy licensing exams and PASSED! Yay! What a relief to have that over! The next day was his hooding ceremony and the next day after that was his graduation! Kayli kept saying, "Dad, I am so excited for yours mission!". We finally figured out that mission meant graduation. We are so proud of our new grad:
Oh wait, wrong graduate:
This is Travis with both of his grandmas at his hooding ceremony. Travis' mom and dad and grandma threw a little open house for his graduation. It was such a sweet gesture. Some of our friends and family came to tell him congratulations and have some cake and punch.
Then, Travis had a birthday on May 2, and Kayli had a birthday on May 5! We won't tell you how old Travis is..... well okay, since he is... OLDER THAN ME..... he turned 32, Whoa! Kayli turned three and is very tickled about being that age. She likes to tell everyone in the grocery store as we pass. I have to admit, it is quite exciting having a social butterfly walking around with you.
Also, our little musician, Canyon had his music recital and did so great with his solo on the grand piano. He even sang as he played (which was an extra little surprise!) and he took a little bow at the end of his performance, which everyone got a kick out of....especially his mom! So Cute!
Travis started his new job with Meier and Marsh and he is really enjoying it. Yesterday, they had the grand opening of one of their new clinics in West Valley so this means that starting tomorrow he will be the director of the clinic in Tooele. It is pretty exciting for him. He is very ambitious.
As for me, well, let's see..... what do I do? I just kind of follow my little family around and cheer them on. I am really enjoying this time in my life right now. I have been able to help at Canyon's school quite a bit and I babysit on Thursdays, and other times impromptu. I have a friend who is trying to publish a book and I have been working on editing that for her. I have a feeling that I will be playing in the water more than the kids this year because I am already feeling the effects of the heat. On Friday, I went to the zoo with Canyon's class as a chaperone. Canyon had so much fun! He kept turning to me and saying, "this is so fun!". I was so glad I went with him. Here is a picture of him with the boys that were in our group.
Whew! That about sums it up. Hopefully I can keep up on my blogs now so that you don't have to read so much in one post. Atleast we are never bored. There is always lots of excitement... We love it!
13 comments:
Yay another girl! That is so exciting. And congrats to all of you that Travis is done with school, good luck with the new job and all that lies ahead!
And I am not sure if you know but Andrina is coming out to Utah in June sometime and they are bringing Andrina with them. I didn't realize her and Kayli were so close in age, Andrina will be 3 in September. They'll have so much fun playing together!
Travis we are so proud of you! You're such a hard worker! What an accomplishment for you!
Guys, We can't wait to meet the newest little mix of Travis and Erin. We're so glad Oaklee will have a cousin so close in age!
Erin, you busy little bee. You and the kids need to come hang out with us when school gets out and you might possibly have a few free moments :) We love you guys!
Wow, staying pretty busy! congratulations to Travis, that is so exciting. And how exciting to get another little girl!
Hey, you updated!
I am so happy for Travis and your cute family!!
That picture of Kayli and Canyon is sooo cute! They are darling kids!
Congratulations Travis!! A girl?? I didn't even know you were expecting!! See why these blogs are so important. We need to keep better in touch. I can't wait to see you all at the reunion in June. Your little ones have grown so much I don't even recognize them.
Much love,
Brenda (cousin)
What a cute post, Erin! I'm so glad we are able to witness your family's growth first-hand. I love you all so much, and we are very proud of you. Mom
Erin, I can't believe you didn't tell me you started a blog! I can't even remember how I found it, but I found a link to it on somebody else's! Perfect timing, now I can stalk you after I move!j/k! but I will at least be able to see your baby, and your cute little family grow!
Hi Erin, Alexa here found your blog through Natalie's way cute. That is such a great accomplishment for Travis and you. Canyon looks so cute you guys are such an adorable family. Hope you dont mind I added you to contacts on my blog.
Erin,
I tagged you!
Erin, your kids are just about the luckiest to have you and Travis as their parents. I'm so glad I know you!
Erin-
When you finally get around to updating your blog.. like you have nothing better to do right?
Send me your email, I set my blog to private now and I need to send you an invite, so email me at grossfamily243@hotmail.com
Hope all is well!
Hey, cute template!! Where did you find it? Okay, where's the new post though???
Hey! You're getting there. But that psyched me out. I thought there was a new post to go along with it! I'll keep checking...
Post a Comment